The Acuity ELM® Ecosystem
We like to think of ELM software as the electronic ecosystem that streamlines and automates every phase of the legal matter lifecycle.
From basic tracking of your cases and claims through advanced automation of billing rules and all points in between, Acuity ELM serves as the data hub and communication conduit that:
- eliminates errors and redundancy
- reduces legal spend
- predicts outcomes and identifies most efficient firm partners – fueled by analytics
- delivers the intelligence you need to answer the strategic questions that keep you up at night
Acuity ELM Analytics
Acuity’s Analytics platform keeps you at the helm of your analytical journey. Lean on standardized best practice reports to get quick answers to questions like:
- What is the average timekeeper rate for each firm I manage? Which timekeepers are the outliers?
- What is the scope of YTD adjustments across the firms I manage?
- Which firms are billing higher than others for the same tasks?
- Which firms, matters and timekeepers are billing the most?
- What is my fee and expense profile based on UTBMS code and phase?
- Which cases are approaching their budget limits?
- How much have I spent on fees and expenses by case type over comparable periods?
Software-as-a-Service: Is It Right for Me?
Acuity ELM® is delivered in “the cloud.” We offer our application via the Software-as-a-Service model.
Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) translates to three big wins for the corporate counsel and legal operations experts:
- Affordability: Acuity ELM is configurable, virtual and easy to distribute. SaaS delivery translates to a lower client price point and significant recapture of hardware, administrative and overhead costs typically associated with managing an on-premise application.
- Rapid Turn On: delivering Acuity ELM in the cloud means we can get legal teams up and running on our matter management and e-billing platform in weeks. No more suffering through excruciating on-premise installations with long lead times and frequent communication black holes.
- Superior User Experience: because we routinely build and ship updates, our clients benefit from regular releases of new functionality – accessing the latest features and technology by simply logging on in the morning and without complicated behind-the-firewall machinations.
If your in-house technology and training teams need more time to focus on their core competencies – and you are striving to achieve rapid end-user adoption of ELM software – SaaS may be right for you.