Enterprise Legal Management Software-as-a-Service provider transitions from SAS 70 protocol to new gold standard for audit of security, data privacy and processing integrity controls
Richmond, VA, March 15, 2016 – Acuity Management Solutions, a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise legal management (“ELM”) software to corporate legal and insurance claims departments, has obtained it SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type II audit report from RSM US LLP, successfully completing its transition from the previous SAS 70 reporting standard.
The audit rigorously tested and validated six main controls that support Acuity’s e-billing, matter management and reporting platform:
- Implementation: controls and processes exist that ensure accurate and complete stand up of new clients
- Data Backup and Restoration: controls provide assurance that data is backed up regularly and is available for immediate restoration in the event of an unplanned processing interruption
- Data Processing and Management: job processing controls facilitate complete execution and include system for identification and resolution of errors
- Account Security: controls provide assurance that access to programs, data a computer resources is restricted to authorized users and that users are restricted to performing authorized actions
- Data Center Security: controls exist to limit physical access to computer and data center resources to authorized personnel
- Change Management: controls provide assurance that changes to Acuity’s e-billing, matter management and reporting application programs are authorized, tested and implemented to result in complete and accurate processing
Chief Technology Officer Troy Burns remarked, “Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 is the authoritative guidance for reporting on Software-as-a-Service providers like Acuity. While we have long been audited against the SAS 70 standards, stepping up to this new SSAE 16 framework brings even greater levels of transparency to our constituents. We hear from many enterprises that are ready to embrace a SaaS solution for their matter management and e-billing needs, but require additional assurances to satisfy governance, compliance and risk requirements. Acuity’s SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type II report provides our clients with an unqualified opinion issued by an independent auditing firm and demonstrates that Acuity has established specific control objectives and implemented processes designed to meet or exceed those objectives.”
Acuity President Kelley Johnston concluded, “Acuity’s commitment to SaaS-based software is driven by our steadfast desire to always do right by our clients. The SaaS model translates to three big wins for the organizations we serve: (1) affordability, (2) rapid implementation and (3) superior user experience. As legal teams strive to operate as strategic business partners, there’s never been a better time to reap the benefits of a SaaS-based enterprise legal management solution. Acuity’s SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type II audit report provides an extra layer of assurance to our clients – that their investment in Acuity ELM is backed by the highest levels of security, privacy and confidentiality controls. We respect the level of rigor that our clients employ when selecting an enterprise legal management vendor, and are committed to applying that same level of rigor and vigilance as we test, validate and deliver the controls that keep our software and client information secure.”
About Acuity Management Solutions
Founded in 1996, Acuity Management Solutions is a software-as-a-service provider of legal e-billing, matter management, analytics and collaboration technology. From basic tracking of legal cases and claims through advanced automation of billing rules and all points in between, Acuity ELMSM serves as the data hub and communication conduit that reduces error, eliminates redundancy and provides the intelligence required to answer the strategic questions that keep Chief Legal Officers and General Counsel up at night.
Acuity ELM delivers intuitive, affordable enterprise legal management software and exceptional client service to legal teams of all sizes – with an eye toward fostering industry-wide efficiency and advancing the integrity of the ELM landscape as a whole.
To learn more about Acuity’s enterprise legal management product suite, visit www.acuityELM.com.
Director of Product and Marketing